24 Apr 2022 | 08:17 | Football
The FA Cup semi-final match between Chelsea and Crystal Palace will be played at Wembley Stadium in England at 22:30 on April 17 (Vietnam time).
Chelsea have just spent a very tiring 120 days at the Real Madrid Stadium in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-finals. This was a game where the Blues led by 3 goals, but allowed the opponent to equalize by 2 goals, and finally lost 4-5 with a total score of 4-5, thus officially becoming the former king of this tournament. In the Premier League, Chelsea have also struggled in the title race with Manchester City or Liverpool, as Stamford Bridge are currently 11 and 12 points behind those two teams respectively.
As such, the only place coach Thomas Tuchel’s side can currently win the title is the FA Cup. Ahead of the semi-final against Crystal Palace, Chelsea were the team to be admired more than their opponents for their quality and better results in the difficulties of British government sanctions. Specifically, Chelsea have won 8 of their last 10 games in all competitions and only lost 2. If they play in the right form, coach Thomas Tuchel and his side have a good chance of winning the FA Cup semi-final to go on to their ticket against Crystal Palace here.
On the other side of the front line, Crystal Palace has been in good shape recently. However, the 1-2 loss to Leicester City in the Premier League 32 rounds is bound to affect the spirit of the Eagles. And, facing an opponent like Chelsea who outperformed them in every way, manager Patrick Vieira’s army will have a hard time winning in the coming games.
With an excellent lineup and line-up, Chelsea have been evaluated by experts in this game according to the Asian rafters to let Crystal Palace 1 goal. At this rate, goalkeepers are the NHM’s safer bet, as they have a pretty good record in winning the last 2/3 of their games. Meanwhile, their opponents, Crystal Palace, have a rather poor record in the Premier League and are therefore only 10th with 25 points less and one more game played.
– Chelsea have won their last 9 against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
– Chelsea have won in the last 13/16 games in the FA Cup.
– Crystal Palace won the last 4 games in the FA Cup.
– Chelsea have 5/7 clean sheets in their last meeting with Crystal Palace in all competitions.
– In the last 6/7 games, Chelsea have hosted Crystal Palace in all competitions with over 2.5 goals in total.
– Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 games against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
– Crystal Palace have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 games in the FA Cup.
Chelsea: Ben Chilwell and Callum Hudson-Odoi were absent.
Crystal Palace: No Nathan Ferguson, Conor Gallagher.
Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace